Our Fundamentals of the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System course is comprised of six sections with each section having a corresponding review quiz to reinforce and verify the participants understanding of the material. All questions are reviewed to ensure complete understanding of not only the answer but the principals behind it. To fully attain the attention of all participants a combination of hands-on, oral, and visual learning, as well as group discussion and open communication will be used to deliver each topic. Our comprehensive course meets all Federal and Provincial Health and Safety legislative requirements for all provinces.
- Introduction to WHMIS
- Product Labels
- Hazard Symbols
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- WHMIS Education- Responsibilities and Roles
- Exemptions and Restricted Applications
- WHMIS Training Course Goals
- Describe what WHMIS is;
- Explain why WHMIS was created and its key elements;
- Explain the purpose, legislation and enforcement of WHMIS;
- Identify preventative and control measures, including personal protective equipment required to reduce workplace exposure risk;
- Define the Hazard Classification System; identify its components and exemptions;
- Describe WHMIS three-part information system including the sections required on a material safety data sheet, required education and training, as well as product labels;
- Describe the WHMIS product classification process;
- Identify the information on MSDS;
- Identify certain hazardous product exemptions and restricted applications where the WHMIS regulations do NOT apply.
You will recieve a wallet sized certificate of completion.
This course only addresses the general WHMIS knowledge portion of the worker education requirement. Site-specific training on actual materials and procedures is also required.